Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Fine Art




Joshua is really into drawing and painting these days! He wants to paint just about every day. So, I have a LOT of Joshua original works of art and I thought I'd share a couple with you! The one on top is watercolor paints and the 2nd one is marker. Isn't he an artistic genius? He also wants to learn how to read. He asks me every day, "How do you read the words?" when he is looking at his books. So I am going to try to get some phonics lessons together for him. I have no idea what I'm doing, but he's smart and I am sure I can't possibly do any permanent damage to his IQ.
Right now the kids and I are on the porch. It is a really lovely day. It's about 70 degrees and sunny with a nice breeze...perfect! Sophie is swinging and hiccupping and having a great time. Joshua is playing with his sand table, and we just watered the plants we planted last week. We have little potted plants of marigolds, tomatoes, chives, and radishes. I need to re-pot them into or bigger planters, but as I am generally a plant-killer, I am nervous about doing so. I will take some pictures as soon as I remember to get the camera out of Bobby's car where it has been for several days!
Today I hired a babysitter to watch the kids so I could clean my bedroom. It is a HUGE (or as Joshua would say FUGE) mess! I only hired her for 2 hours and I should've hired her for 2 days! Nevertheless, I would say I'm about 3/4 of the way done, although the laundry will take me quite awhile! Hopefully I can finish the rest tomorrow. I am really going to try and be less of a slob now that I am home every day. So far this week I have cleaned the trunk of my car (also a FUGE mess) and Sophie's room. If I get my room done this week I will be very happy!
Last night we were very sad to say goodbye to my mom, aka "Muck" (that's Joshua calls her) as she left to join my dad at their mountaintop reatreat in Virginia for the WHOLE SUMMER! I am having abandonment issues....just kidding! But I will miss them so much. We are planning to spend a week with them near the end of July and I can't wait!
Well, I need to finagle Joshua into getting inside for naptime. More later this week with pictures I promise!

2 comments:

Bronwen said...

stop by Northa Carolina on the way to Virginia. I would love to meet joshua and Sofie, and Bronwen should be walking by then.

Hopie said...

Joshua's dad read words at three...He is a chip off the same tree!...but I didn't and couldn't push him...Bobby primarily wanted to read anything to do with traffic and transportation...Hmmmm!