Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wegerzyn Gardens




This morning Joshua, Sophie and I checked out Wegerzyn Gardens Metropark's Children's Garden. It was awesome! It FAR exceeded my expectations! There were fountains, a waterfall, a man-made creek and cave, a little house, a sand table, a dirt dig area, and a maze where you could find different musical instruments, a little pond, and of course lots of beautiful flowers and plants! Joshua had a great time and Sophie was so good, she just hung out in her stroller and enjoyed being outside. Unfortunately, although I DID remember the camera, I forgot the camera's memory card so I was unable to take any pictures! I did have my camera phone, but I have no idea how to get those pics off my phone and onto a computer, so who knows if they will see the light of day? Oh well! We plan to go back next week for a playdate with Mitchy and Andrea Madewell, so I will make sure and bring the camera and ALL its parts then. So, for your viewing enjoyment I have posted a couple of pics of the kids that I took yesterday outside in our yard.

Joshua is still on a "I don't want to sleep in my bed" kick. Last night he threw a big fit at bedtime, and after about 40 minutes of going in to check on him off and on, he finally said he wanted to sleep on the floor, so I put his pillow and blankets and all his things that he sleeps with on the floor and he went to sleep. He confounds me! Today I told him if he starts going to bed without a fuss, we will get him a car from the Cars movie, which he recently has renewed his interest in. I think we'll also get out the old sticker chart we used last summer and start with that again and see if that helps. At LEAST he's been doing great on the potty! He seems to alternate doing well at either sleep or potty, but not both. He is still the sweetest boy in the world though, and I am so proud of him! Yesterday we had our first reading lesson and we talked about the words "At" "Hat" "Bat" and "Cat". He did really well but he said he was done after about 7 or 8 minutes so we quit. I am going to let him take the lead for now.

My whole family is now in Virginia without me. Both my brothers and their families are there with mom & dad this week. I am sad! Bobby was unable to get this week off because 2 other guys at work already have it off. So if you are reading this family, have lots of fun without us! We miss you!

1 comment:

Hopie said...

I am so sorry you couldn't go to Virginia, but I hope that you will get there sometime this summer. I hiked the Children's Garden when it was under construction. Perhaps when I visit Ohio next, Joshua, Sohpie and their specail Mother will let me visit it with them...